Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hey!!!! It's me Maddie!!!! I made it!!!!! I'M HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
We are enjoying her!! She is such a good pup! We can't get over how well she listens!
We noticed yesterday that she puts her neck on our neck when we hold her. She likes to lick our ears too! It's great she loves people so much!
My mom and dad came over to meet her and later two of my cousins, my aunt, uncle and grandma came over. She loved everyone! My one cousin is 10 and Hattie ran to her right away when she saw her!
Actually, we have been calling her Maddie. I like the name Hattie, but my husband wasn't sure about it. So we compromised and are going to call her Maddie. I felt bad about changing her name, but I have read over the past week that sometimes it's a good idea to do so with rescue dogs because they associate their new name with their new family.
So that made me feel better. She has been doing really well with her name!!
I attached a couple of pictures of her from yesterday.
The one is of the three of us, me, Maddie and Dusty.
Both pictures weren't too long after we brought her home.
The yahoo group sounds great! I would love to read about the other fosters too!
We are so happy to have her and we'll stay in touch with you!
Beth

No comments: